The campaign is working with bloggers who share some "first time moments" on their blog, the moments we treasure as parents and grandparents, the moments that are precious to us. .
So what are my firsts?
My memories take me back to my first born, born in hospital during a snow storm where half the staff could not get in and the ones that were in could not get home.
Fast forward twenty three years and this is my first meeting with my first grandchild, born at 29+6 weighing 3lb 3oz, she is now a happy healthy normal twelve year old.
Fast forward another eleven years and her is the first meeting of that first born granddaughter with her brand new twin brother and sister, along with her seven year old brother.
This is the twins first day home, meet Minky and Dinky.
and their first Christmas last year
and this is Dinky's first time on a swing
This is their first birthday, complete with the cakes we made for them.
I have to admit I missed a lot of the firsts with the older two because they lived a few hours away, its lovely having them all on the doorstep.
The campaign is to highlight the fact that there are millions of babies each year who do not reach their firsts due to the continued danger posed by maternal and newborn tetanus.
With the support of Pampers, who donate one vaccine for every pack of a qualifying product bought between October and the end of December, they are hoping to save some of these lives. It might not sound much but it does add up. The campaign started back in 2006, this is their ninth year and since then
- Pampers has donated funds for 300 million vaccines;
- helping to protect 100 million mums
- and eliminating the disease in 15 countries – that’s five more countries since the 2013 campaign!
- But there are still babies in 24 of the world’s poorest countries at risk.
So how can you get involved?
- For each specially marked Pampers – pack purchased, Pampers will donate for example the cost of one tetanus vaccine to support in the fight against maternal & newborn tetanus.
- Watch a video and they will donate one vaccine. Please click through to watch it on youtube or your view wont count
- Share it with your friends and they will donate a second vaccine
- Upload to their Facebook page a photo of your baby experiencing their first special moments – whether that’s cuddles, smiles or tastes – and they will donate a third life-saving vaccine.
Please a few clicks to help other children worse off that your own has to be worth it.