- 4-6 chicken thighs depending on size
- a red onion
- half a pepper
- 300 g pasta
- jar Kung Po sauce
- a selection of vegetable ( I used frozen peas, broccoli, green beans and sweetcorn)
- 75g of cheese
- Put the chicken in the oven at 190 oC for approx 30 mins, or until chicken is cooked. You could use pre cooked left over chicken if you have any, it would work just as well. leave to cool.
- Once cool debone the chicken and set aside.
- Prepare the veg and fry off chopped onion and peppers. Half cooking them will be enough as they will finish cooking in the oven
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente.
- and half cook the vegetables.
- Stir half the cheese through with everything else and pour into a casserole dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then sprinkle the rest of the cheese across the top and return to the oven to melt the cheese.
Serve alone or with some crusty bread or sweet potato chips.
I cooked extra vegetables and pasta and carried on cooking them after removing the al dente products and left it go go cold and then stirred a tin of drained tuna through it and took to work for my lunch.