- I placed the litre of almond breeze in my slow cooker,
- added 1/4 litre of black rice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- turn slow cooker onto medium for approx 5 hrs
Once cooked serve hot or cold. I served mine cold with some raspberries.
The black rice has a very nutty flavour and it works well here with the almond milk.
I also decided to make something a bit different, a rice pudding jelly. Jelly is good for you, but I am not a lover of it, its not the taste I mind but the texture, so I decided to change the texture and add some bulk.
- cover the bottom of a ramekin with the cooked rice pudding
- cut some tinned pears into cubes
- top the rice pudding with the pear
- fill the ramekin with jelly and
- leave to set.
Sadly all the photographs I took of these on various colour plates from different angles have all gone, disappeared into cyberspace never to be seen again, so I am sorry no pictures are available as the finished products have been eaten.
The almond breeze was supplied by Blue Diamond, the other highlighted items by Healthy Supplies.