I found a few bits in the back of the cupboard that would have been bought for Christmas and decided to use them up.
Hazelnut and Marzipan cake.
4 oz Flora Cuisine
4 oz coconut sugar
1 oz wheatgerm
1 oz ground hazelnuts
6 oz light brown self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pack marzipan
1.Cream together the flora and sugar
2. add the eggs and mix
3. mix together dry ingredients and add to wet.
4. grease and line a loaf tin and add half the mixture across the bottom
5. roll out marzipan to fit tin, place on top of mixture and then top with the rest.
6. cook for approx 40 mins at 160 oC.
7. once cooked leave in tin to cool. Slice and serve.
Please note I did not think to leave in the tin to cool, and when I removed it from the tin the marzipan started to run out. Not only was it hot enough to burn but also runny enough to escape from the cake. More would have escaped but I put the loaf tin back on top and turned it the right way up again.
A nice moist cake, high in fibre cake with the added goodness given by the wheat germ and the nuts, which also gave a nice texture
The highlighted items were supplied by Healthy Supplies but the recipe idea was my own.