Almond Breeze® is teaming up with the Foodies100 to challenge you to come up with an easy to make, yet incredibly scrumptious, breakfast smoothie for a chance to win a fantastic gourmet hotel stay for two people, where you’ll definitely find the time to enjoy a hearty breakfast.
So taking on board that the almonds in almond breeze are
A top plant source for protein and vitamin E, each little almond also comes packed with fibre, calcium, iron, and other important nutrients.
So being aware of the goodness that comes from the almonds I decided to add foods that will supplement this goodness.
|in the liquidiser|
- low in calories (32 kcal/100g) and fats but rich source of health promoting phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
- Scientific studies show that consumption of straw berries may have potential health benefits against cancer, aging, inflammation and neurological diseases.
- The fruit is rich in B-complex group of vitamins.
- Fresh berries are an excellent source of vitamin-C
- They contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, fluorine, copper, iron and iodine.
- possess notable health benefiting plant-nutrients such as soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.
- the phyto-chemical compounds in the blueberry help rid off harmful oxygen-derived free radicals from the body, and thereby, protect the human body against cancers, aging, degenerative diseases, and infections
|the flax seed|
- carries one of the biggest nutrient payloads on the planet
- is very low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for people who limit their intake of starches and sugars. And its combination of healthy fat and high fiber content make it a great food for weight loss and maintenance -- many dieters have found that flax seed has been a key to keeping them feeling satisfied
- is Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- is High in Fiber: You’d be hard-pressed to find a food higher in fiber -- both soluble and insoluble -- than flax.
- is high in phytochemicals, including many antioxidants. It is perhaps our best source of lignans, which convert in our intestines to substances that tend to balance female hormones
8 fl oz almond breeze
3 large strawberries, halved
1 tablespoon flax seed
Place the fruit in a liquidiser, pour the milk on top, add the flax seed and liquidise until smooth.
Serve immediately. If left to sit the flax seed will swell in the smoothie and thicken, it is better if it does this in your stomach to help you feel full for longer.
I received 2 ltrs of Almond Breeze in return for making a recipe
This is my entry to