|No 1 coconut water cake|
- soak 4 oz dried fruit of your choice in 12oz (14oz if using gluten free flour) hot tea and leave to soak till cool.
- Measure 10 oz flour and 5 oz sugar into a bowl, ( I use coconut sugar) stir to combine and then add the cold tea and fruit to make a sloppy mixture.
- Pour into a loaf tin and cook for approx 45 mins at 160 oC.
- If using gluten free it works better as muffins rather than a loaf, adjust cooking time to approx 18 mins
So I thought for a change we would ring the changes and try different "teas" and flours to make different textures. I may add I use 4 oz raisins/sultanas plus 4 dried figs and 4 dries apricots that I soak with the raisins and then chop with scissors once soaked.
|No 2 apple and cinnamon with Kamut flour|
|No3 to the back No 4 at front|
- No 3 we used apple and cinnamon tea with einkorn flour, I also added a mix of sunflower/sesame/pumpkin and melon seeds for extra nutrition. These were lighter than the kamut flour ones, and I think these are probably my all time favourite of the batches. Just so full of flavour and so so moist...yum yum yum
- No 4 we used orange and carrot juice as our "tea", diluted down to 12 oz. also added sunflower/sesame/pumpkin and melon seeds but this time I blended the seeds once soaked.. I used doves farm plain flour to which I added 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon of Xanthan gum. This had a delicious flavour and the carrot made it pleasantly sweet. These were not quite as moist as the others, therefore they tasted heavier. If I make them again I would add some more fluid, though they did seem ok when raw.
The products with links were supplied by Healthy Supplies, but the findings remain honest and my own.