- I soaked some dried onions and dried tomatoes in water for 30 minutes before I started making.
- Peel, slice and cook 4 medium potatoes
- cook 2 oz frozen peas
- fry off the peas and potatoes with the drained onions and tomatoes, add 1 teaspoon paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- mix 4 eggs with 50ml milk and pour onto potato mix
- add 4oz grated cheese and 6oz tofu
- cook gently until eggs set and slice once cooled
- serve with a salad
Tofu potato salad
- peel and cube 4 potatoes and cook until soft
- meanwhile chop a medium sized red onion up, cube a box of tofu and mix and cover the two to allow the tofu to pick up the onion flavour
- cook 4 oz frozen peas
- drain potatoes and peas and rinse in cold water
- mix all together in a large bowl and season to suit
following the biscuit recipe here, except I used Wilton Gel colour and I rolled the 3 colours out, stacked them up, added some sultanas, rolled them swiss roll style and sliced into catherine wheels
These next two are more suitable for a street party rather than to take on a picnic,
- split 1.5 pints of milk into 3 equal parts, and colour 1 part blue and 1 red.
- using the red milk add 20g dried raspberries or 2 oz fresh ones
- bring to a the boil and add 1 oz sugar and 1 heaped tablespoon agar flakes
- cool in a jelly mould
- once red jelly cooled make the white using the same method as with red using coconut instead of raspberries
- pour on top of red and leave to cool
- once cool make blue milk with blueberries and blue Wilton Gel colouring. I had no blueberries so I used tin pears instead. I used the hand blender to whisk up the pears into the warm milk and this made for a much lighter mousse than the other two colours, would do this with all of them next time.
Meringue - you can see how I made this here, remember this would also work egg free if you have an egg allergy