I have tried to fit this in with our new diabetic friendly eating that we are doing, so this month we are not gluten free though we do remain dairy free.
|the rhubarb with the star anise|
I also used high fibre oat-bran and oat-germ again to make it slow burning in the body as well.
The rice bran oil is cholesterol free and is so so easy to work with, no need to cream with the sugar, so great for those of us without food processors.
- 4 oz rice bran oil and
- 3 oz agave sugar into a bowl
- added 2 eggs and mix well
- zest a lemon, and squeeze out the juice, add juice and zest to mixture
- add 2 oz oatbran and oatgerm ( for the high fibre low GI effect)
- and 6 oz light brown self raising flour
|sprinkled with agave sugar|
Cook for apprx 18 mins at 160 oC
Sprinkle with agave sugar and serve with custard or cream.