and as we were using them for tea that night and it tied in with a Mission Impossible challenge for Fifi I did not see how we could not join in.
Join the #MarisPiper BritMums Linky Challenge
So what's the challenge all about I hear you ask?
This Potato Week (7-13 October 2013) the spotlight is on Maris Piper — the great all-rounder that is the most commonly grown potato in the UK and a much-loved variety. Join our #MarisPiperBritMums Linky Challenge by sharing your best family potato recipes using Maris Pipers or sharing tips on how you cook with them.
So my recipe was written up for Fifi who is 10, but she decided to go out and play instead so I did it myself.
1) Peel the potatoes and then cook them (we used approx 3 lb for the 4 of us)
2) While they are cooking peel and chop finely the onion
3) Open and drain two tins of tuna
4) Get help to drain the potatoes once they are cooked.
5) Turn the oven onto 180 oC
6) Mash the potatoes
7) Add the drained tuna and chopped onion
8) Shape into fish cakes
9) Place on a baking tray and brown for 20 mins
10)Serve with a veg of your choice.
I separated Bobs out and topped ours with cheese.
|I served Bob's with oven chips and peas.|
This post is an entry for #MarisPiperBritMums Linky Challenge (http://bit.ly/185Gtlv) sponsored by Potato Council for Potato Week 7 – 13 October, celebrating the varieties of potatoes and how we like to eat them. Learn more and find recipes at www.lovepotatoes.co.uk